Want a wintery treat that won't be a cheat?
There is nothing better than a warm sweet treat in the cold winter months. How about one that is also healthy and good for your body? Give these decadent treats a try!
Paleo Banana and Sprouted Walnut Muffins
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup grass fed butter, melted
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter, melted
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ cup Cinnamon Crunch Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with a dozen muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, melted butter, maple syrup, eggs, and coconut sugar until well combined.
- Add the almond four, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, almond flour, coconut sugar, and Cinnamon Crunch Walnuts.
- Scoop the batter in even amounts into the lined muffin tin. Top each muffin with an even amount of the walnut topping.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!