Summer Salad with Grilled Peaches
Take your potato salad game to the next level with fresh pesto and Savory Sage sprouted Cashews - you'll thank us after everyone is raving about your cooking skills at the next potluck.
- 1 ½ lbs baby gold potatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cup fresh basil
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated grass fed parmesan cheese - optional - or 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup Rich Nuts Savory Sage Cashews, chopped, plus more to serve
- 2 tbsp fresh sage
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
- Cook the potatoes: Place the potatoes in a pot and cover the potatoes with cool water. Place on stovetop over medium high heat and bring to a low boil. Cook the potatoes on a low boil for about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are just fork tender. Drain well and let sit for about 10-20 minutes to further drain and cool to room temperature.
- While the potatoes are cooking and cooling, make the pesto. In a food processor or blender, add the basil, olive oil, parmesan or nutritional yeast, chopped cashews, sage, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until well combined but still chunky, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed. Add the mayonnaise and blend or stir until well combined.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and pour the pesto mixture on top. Toss to combine and coat the potatoes with the pesto.
- Serve at room temperature or cold with more crushed cashews and basil on top!