Decadent Caramelized Onion Tart -
Upgraded with Crushed Rich Nuts Savory Sage Cashews
Don't fear the cravings that come with the feeling of fall. Make those decadent treats healthy by adding your favorite Rich Nuts flavor to the mix. Our sprouted, organic nutrient-dense nuts will upgrade your need to necessary! Try out this luscious savory tart with caramelized onions and a crumble of Rich Nuts Savory Sage Cashews!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 8 oz puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 4 oz brie cheese, sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Rich Nuts Savory Sage Sprouted Cashews, crushed
- Caramelize the onions: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add the onions and spread evenly in the pan. Saute, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes to get the cooking process started. Turn the heat down to medium low.
- Cook the onions on a low heat, stirring every few minutes. If they begin to brown and crisp unevenly, turn the heat down to low. Continue cooking the onions, stirring occasionally, until nicely caramelized golden, and very tender. It can take up to 45 minutes to result in that nice caramelized flavor and color. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the puff pastry dough into a large rectangle or other desired shape. Transfer the puff pastry to the lined baking sheet.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the puff pastry to let air escape. Put the cheese on the puff pastry, followed by the caramelized onions in a single even layer on top. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and ground black pepper.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden and cooked through and the brie cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle crushed Rich Nuts Savory Sage Cashews on top. Cut into slices and serve warm.