Longing for a luscious treat that won't leave you feeling guilty? This recipe is sure to satisfy! Imagine the decadent feel of a great bark in your mouth, while knowing that the ingredients will fill your body with nutrients it needs! Bring these to your next holiday party and be the star of the night!
Toffee Bark with Sprouted Maple Pecans
- 1-1 ½ sleeves saltine crackers or similar
- 1 cup salted grass-fed butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups chocolate chips of choice
- 1 cup Rich Nuts Sprouted Maple Pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Line the saltine crackers over the entire sheet pan. Depending on the size of the pan, you may use 1-1 ½ sleeves of crackers.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium low heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the sugar and maple syrup. Whisk frequently for about 5 minutes or until a caramel consistency has been reached and the mixture just begins to bubble.
- Immediately pour the sugar mixture over the crackers and spread evenly.
- Place in the oven for about 7-10 minutes until bubbling. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Place back into the oven for about 5 minutes or until the chocolate chips are melted. Use a spatula and spread the melted chocolate chips out over the entire sheet pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped maple pecans over the melted chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for about 2-4 hours to set. Break into pieces and serve!