Cinnamon Walnut Crunch Baked Apples
There is nothing like a warm baked apple with a crispy crunchy crumble of sweetness atop. Using Rich Nuts Cinnamon Walnut Crunch will drive your senses wild taking this classic treat to a whole new level of YUM. And - your body will love it too. Our sprouted nuts will leave your body feeling nourished and your tastebuds delighted!
- 2 large honeycrisp apples, halved and cored
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup Rich Nuts Cinnamon Walnut Crunch, chopped
- ½ cup all purpose or gluten free flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- Whipped Cream or Alternative (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a spoon or dough scooper to scoop out some of the center of each apple half, so there’s room for the cinnamon walnut filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, chopped nuts, flour, coconut sugar, butter, maple syrup, and salt.
- Place apple halves in a baking dish. Scoop a generous amount of the oat mixture into the center of each apple half.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the apples are soft but not mushy and the oat mixture is golden.
- Let cool slightly before serving warm with whipped cream and honey, if desired.