Creamy Curry with Cashews
This creamy chicken curry is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter day. Topped with crunchy sprouted cashews, it's a meal that's sure to satisfy all your cravings!
Paleo Chicken Curry
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup green curry paste
- 2 small gold potatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1, 15 oz can coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breast
- ½ lime, juiced, about 1 tbsp
- Rich Nuts Curry Cashews, roughly chopped, to serve
- Roughly chopped cilantro
- Jalapeno, sliced, to serve
- Green onion, chopped, to serve
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is heated, add the onion. Saute until almost tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the green curry paste and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, potatoes, chicken, and salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken, shred, and return to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the lime juice.
- Serve hot topped with cashews, cilantro, sliced jalapeno, and chopped green onion if desired!