Easy and delicious Chicken Caprese
This chicken caprese recipe is grilled seasoned chicken, topped with fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, basil and balsamic walnuts.
Sprouted Balsamic Walnut Crusted Caprese Chicken
- 1 ½ cups Rich Nuts Balsamic Walnuts
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 large tomato slices
- 4 slices fresh grass-fed mozzarella - optional
- ½ cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- Balsamic glaze - optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the walnuts into a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Prepare your dredging station: place the eggs in a shallow dish, and the crumbled walnuts in a shallow dish. Put a pinch of salt and pepper in the eggs and whisk.
- Dredge the chicken by placing in the egg, allowing any excess to drip off, then placing in the walnuts and coating completely. Place the coated chicken on the lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Place one slice of mozzarella on each piece of chicken if using, followed by a slice of tomato.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with the ribboned basil and balsamic glaze and enjoy!